Cabinet sat on Monday 15 October 2018 at statehouse Entebbe under the chairmanship of H.E the president of the Republic of Uganda, and;
- Approved levying and collection of park User fees on Passenger Service Vehicles (PSVs) as follows
- i)Each taxi shall pay Ugx 840.000/= per annum to be shared between the origin and destination local government and KCCA at a ratio of 40:60 respectively.
- ii)Taxis operating between two urban authorities shall pay Ugx 840.000/= per annum which shall be shared in a ratio of 60:40 for origin-loading and destination respectively.
iii) Commuter taxis in Kampala to pay Ugx 720,000/= per annum; and
- iv)Buses to pay Ugx 2.400.000/= per annum which shall be shared equally among all the urban authorities on the route charts.
The purpose of the above levy is:
- i)To harmonize tax system of Kampala Capital City Authority and other Local Governments;
- ii)To stop multiple taxation and daily levies on taxis (Public Service Vehicles) and provide for a single annual payment; and
iii) To stop the use of agents in the collection of Park User fees from taxi operators
- Directed the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development to release Ugx 32,757,240,000/= from the contingency Fund for the emergency resettlement of persons at risk of landslides in the Bulambuli Government land.