What the department does
National Guidance Department is essentially aimed at building consciousness in the citizens and community participation to avert the challenge of ideological disorientation which is the worst binding constraint to national development.
The department of National Guidance is tasked to do the following:
- To create awareness and understanding of the shared concept of National vision, National values, National Interest and National Common good as basic elements in shaping the behaviour and character of the ration.
- Providing the basic building blocks for identifying and defining Uganda’s common identity and aspiratons, which all Ugandans can believe in and consistently strive to achieve.
- Attempting to steer the country to development along a dear and guided ideological trajectory.
Some of our achievements
- Conducted Civic education awareness campaigns for elected and Appointed district leaders in promoting good Goverance in a mutiparty system in Koboko, Yumbe. Arua Cty, Mubende, Kesanda and Hoima districts for 400 participants.
- Benchmark study visit to Tanzania and Zanzibar on civic education practices which has made the department come up with a draft syllabus/curriculum for primary, secondary and university teachers.
- The department is in its final stages of completing the National Guidance Policy for presentation to Cabinet
- Launched the campaign dubbed “I am Ugandan” to embrace those ideals framed by our eminant citizensbetween 1991 and 1995 and placed as National Objectives and Directive Principles of State Poilcy in the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda.
- Conducted ideological consciousness sessions in 6 MEAs; Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Altairs, Ministry of Gender Labour and Socal Development, Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) and Ministry of Public Service.
- Publicised goverment programmes (Education, OWE, POM, Production and works) on 4 radio stations – Peace of Africa FM 94.5, Voice of Life FM 100.9 Arua district, OP PM in Jinga and Kamuil and PointFM-106.1 n Mubende
- Operationalised the weekly National Guidance Moment program on UBC. TV/ every Thursday and identified good presenters
I am Ugandan
The twitter chat dubbed ‘I am Ugandan’ was launched to embrace national ideals.
Follow the discussion here on twitter whenever we are live
Ramadan Mubarak. May Allah bless you all abundantly during this Ramadan, a month of fasting (sawm), prayer, and reflection. #Ramadan2023 https://t.co/v78ZGHFsXrRead More
RT @InnovationHubUg: Government communicators were urged to package their information in ways that positively impact on the government imag…Read More
RT @InnovationHubUg: Are you a startup looking for guidance on how to craft a compelling message that sets you apart? In partnership with @…Read More
RT @InnovationHubUg: Meet Purity Katusiime Mutebi an ICT officer @MoICT_Ug who is thriving in robotics . Purity's dreams is to coach kids i…Read More
RT @InnovationHubUg: The best way to celebrate Ramadhan is with friends and family. Wishing you all a blessed season of festivities with yo…Read More
RT @azawedde: We held the 3rd Digital Transformation Programme Working Group (DT-PWG) meeting. @MoICT_Ug is using a multi-sectoral approa…Read More
RT @azawedde: This meeting's dual goals are to analyze the various alternatives for creating a National AI Ethical Framework and decide whi…Read More
Debt in present value terms is projected to follow a similar trend, decreasing to 38.4 percent of GDP in FY2022/23 which is below the ceiling of 50 percent stipulated by the convergence criteria under the East African Monetary Union protocol. #UGDebt2023 https://t.co/rfBifrhLItRead More
Nominal public debt to GDP is projected to decrease to 47.6 percent by end June 2023 and continue on a downward trend over the medium term. #UGDebt2023 #MoFPED https://t.co/Rp0f0GppHIRead More
Debt Sustainability Analysis Report, FY 2021/22: Government will continue its efforts towards fiscal consolidation over the medium term appropriately based on both revenue and expenditure measures. #UGDebt2023 #MoFPED https://t.co/F4jf8jlQs0Read More