UICT at a Glance
“To be a world-class centre of excellence in ICT skills-based training, research and innovation”
To provide high quality market-driven ICT skills-based training, research, innovation and consultancy services that supports development of a knowledge society
Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT) was founded in 2000 by Uganda Communications Commission (UCC). This was in compliance with the Commission’s mandate; to establish, manage and operate a communication services training center, as spelt out in section 5 (z) of the Uganda Communications Act, 1997.
- To promote institution excellence through efficient and effective governance, collaboration, fiscal responsibility, and leveraging technology
- To have a more impactful long term focus on talent attraction and retention, process, people and organisational development.
- To establish a robust sustainable financing framework for the institute programs
- To transform UICT into an applied research-intensive institution that focuses on practical national, regional and international problem solving
- To promote innovative and applied ICT teaching, learning and graduate excellence
- To be be an outstanding institution in creation of business value through development and delivery of ICT knowledge products, services, consulting and solutions to clients
- To be an outstanding institution in creation of business value through development and delivery of ICT knowledge products, services, consulting and solutions to clients.