NITA at a Glance
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, to coordinate and regulate Information Technology services in Uganda.
NITA-U is under the general supervision of the Ministry of ICT and National Guidance.
A globally competitive Uganda enabled by Information Technology.
Objectives of NITA-U
- To provide high quality information technology services to Government;
- To promote standardisation in the planning, acquisition, implementation, delivery, support and maintenance of information technology equipment and services, to ensure uniformity in quality, adequacy and reliability of information technology usage throughout Uganda;
- To provide guidance and other assistance as may be required to other users and providers of information technology;
- To promote cooperation, coordination and rationalisation among users and providers of information technology at national and local level so as to avoid duplication of efforts and ensure optimal utilisation of scarce resources;
- To promote and be the focal point of co-operation for information technology users and providers at regional and international levels; and
- To promote access to and utilisation of information technology by the special interest groups.