BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 13th MAY, 2019 AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
Cabinet sat on Monday May 13, 2019 at State House Entebbe, and;
- Approved the proposed Guidelines for organizing and managing National functions. The objectives of the manual will include;
- Provide for standard Guidelines and Budgets in managing National functions;
- To provide information on how activities are undertaken, streamlined, and standardized preparations;
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the key stakeholders.
- Noted the impact of Disaster damage on Public Infrastructure and Service Delivery over the past six months in the Country.
- Approved the Re-appointment of Board Members for the Higher Education Students’ Financing Board.
The establishment of the Education Students’ Financing Board will;
- Improve access to higher education by students in accredited higher institutions of learning that are recognized by the National Council for Higher Education;
- Enhance the effective and efficient utilization and disbursement of resources to all the beneficiaries to ensure equity in access to higher Education.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, UGANDA MEDIA CENTRE