BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 4TH MARCH, 2019 AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
Cabinet sat on Monday March 4th, 2019 at State House Entebbe, and;
- Approved the recommendations and strategies proposed by the Ministry of Public Service for managing the traditional and teaching service pensioners/claimants as follows;
- Ministries, Departments and Local Governments to finalize authentication of the un-validated pensioners and pensioners whose data are not matching with NIIRA data and present such cases for validation by 31st May,2019;
- Deactivation from the pension payroll and stoppage of payments to un-validated pensioners and validated pensioners whose biometrics are not matching with NIIRAby 1st June,2019;
- Instituting an Investigation by the Inspectorate of Government, of records that will be deactivated from the Pay roll by 1st June,2019;
- Ministries, Departments and Local Governments to finalize updating of the pension database with Validated and matching records by 31st May, 2019.
- Approved the Budget for Financial Year 2019/2020 (Details will be availed since the same is subject to Parliamentary appropriation process and approval).
- Noted that, the 2019 Retreat of the NRM Parliamentary Caucus will take place at the National Leadership Institute (NALI), Kyankwanzi, from 13th -20th March ,2019 and the objectives of the Retreat include;
- To deepen Members knowledge and understanding of the NRM Ideology, Regional Integration and society;
- To appraise Members on the country’s economic progress;
- To review progress made under the National Development Plan (NDP) II and to contribute to the identification of priorities for the NDP III;
- To take stock of the achievements so far realized and challenges met in the implementation of the NRM Manifesto 2016-2021;
- To enable the NRM Parliamentary Caucus appreciate the need for Industrialization and job creation as a springboard for propelling Uganda’s economy to middle income status;
- To update Members on the performance of the NRM Caucus in Parliament and agree on the way forward;
- To update Members on NRM activities.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, UGANDA MEDIA CENTRE