CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 18TH FEBRUARY 2019 IN KAMPALA.
Cabinet sat on Monday February 18, 2019 at State House Entebbe, and;
- Approved the Physical Planners Registration Bill, 2019. The following benefits are expected to be derived from the Bill;
- Physical planners will play a more effective role in all physical planning matters in the Country based on the law;
- Physical planners will be made more responsible and accountable for their professional conduct;
- There will be enhanced coordination between the physical planning profession and other professionals in the Construction Industry within the Country;
- The physical planning practice will be more responsive to the Country’s Physical Development Plans since the registration of Physical Planner’s will be done on annual basis;
- The physical planning practice and professional interests of the registered Physical Planners who may wish to operate in Uganda will be regulated; and
- “Quack” Physical Planners who have defrauded many local Governments and private developers will be eliminated.
- Approved the Principles for the Veterinary Practitioners Bill, 2019. The objectives of the proposed Bill include the following;
- To harmonize the new Act with the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and with the Regional Veterinary Regulatory Frameworks;
- To promote professionalism and strengthen the Regulatory Framework for improved delivery of Veterinary Services;
- Noted that the International Women’s Day celebrations will take place on Friday, 8th March 2019 at Rwimi Primary School, Bunyangabu District under the theme “Empowering Women through Innovative Approaches to Social Protection: A prerequisite for inclusive and sustainable Development”
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, UGANDA MEDIA CENTRE