CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 6th MAY, 2019 AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
Cabinet Sat on Monday May 6, 2019 at State House Entebbe, and;
- Noted the progress on renovation and upgrade of Mulago National Referral Hospital and authorized additional funding of USD 9,511,726 for the project to be completed.
- Approved areas that constitute the second licensing round which are LR2_2019 _Block 01 (Avivi) , LR2_2019_Block02(Omuka), LR2_2019_ Block 03( Kasuruban), LR2_2019_Block 04(Turaco) and LR2_2019_Block 05( Ngaji) and Noted the Plans for the second licensing round in respect of petroleum exploration , development and production in Uganda.
The objectives of implementing the second licensing round include among other others;
- Establishment of additional petroleum resources and reserves to the current recoverable reserves estimated at 1.4 billion barrels of oil and 500 Billion cubic feet of non-associated gas;
- Promotion of National content, the exploration licensing is envisaged to create several opportunities for national participation through service provision and employment;
- Conducive investment climate andminimal geological and commercial risks.
- Approved the creation of Terego District which will comprise of: 2 counties of Terego East and Terego West; 6 sub-counties; 39 Parishes and 376 Villages.
- Noted that activities marking the, NRM Manifesto weekswill be held from 9th – 24th May 2019 .The two weeks’ activities is an annual occasion to take stock of, and popularize the achievements of Government towards the realization of the Manifesto commitments that were made by the NRM party during the 2016 General elections.
- Approved the release of Shs 40,000,000 (forty Billion shillings) from the Contingencies Fund for emergency procurement of relief food for the 3,500,000 people at the verge of starvation in the sub regions of Karamoja,Teso,Bukedi, parts of Busoga and Acholi and the large section of the cattle corridor.
- Approved the Members of the Board of Directors of Uganda Broad casting Corporation (UBC) for a three year term. The approved members are;
- James Rwehabura Tumusiimwe Chairperson
- Hadijja Nassanga Miiro Member
- Mike Okua Member
- Richard Barungi Member
- Tezira Jamwa Member
- Christopher Oballa Magezi Member
- Sarah Namumbya Member
- Winston Agaba Member (MD)
- Approved the Members of Board of Directors of Uganda Post limited (UPL) for a three year term. The approved members of the Board are;
- Suleiman Balyejusa Kirunda – Chairperson
- Dorothy Telopecho Butuli – Member representing PWDs
- Hussein Kashillingi Rugaba – Member
- Richard Mwesiga – Member
- Herbert Kigundu Mugerwa – Member
- Lillian Aber – Member
- The 7th member is the sitting Managing Director.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, UGANDA MEDIA CENTRE