I would like to update the Public on some of the most recent Cabinet resolutions agreed upon recently.
- Appointment of the Board of Directors of The Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
Cabinet seating recently approved the appointment of new members to the Board of Directors of Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
The new appointees included;
- Hon Justice Dr Steven BK Kavuma
- Mr Lubowa Moses Paul
- Ms Ethel Kamba
- Dr Andrew Alayo Ocero
- Mr Thomas James Kiggundu
While those who were reappointed to continue serving include;
- Mr James Kubeketerya
- Ms Angela Kiryabwire Kanyima
- Mr Musoke Zubair Musayi
- The Appointment of the 9th Board of Trustees of the Uganda Wild Life Authority
Cabinet approved the names of for appointment as members of the 9th Board of Trustees of Uganda Wild Life Authority.
- Dr Kasoma Panteleon Mukasa Banda (Chairperson)
- Eng Batuma Mbabazi
- Mr Kagumaho Kakuyo
- Dr Akankwasah Barirega Yahya
- Ms Kobusinge Ireeba Annet
- Mr Peter Ojede Francis
- Ms Jane Bagonza
- Anna Rose Ademun Okurut
- Ms Nandutu Harriet.
- Cabinet approved Government’s request to borrow up to Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand Euros from UNICREDIT Bank Austria for the Construction and Equipping of An oncology and diagnostic Center in Northern Uganda.
- Cabinet approved Government’s request to borrow up to two hundred thirty five, four hundred fifty eight million US Dollars from the African Development to finance the construction of three major national roads of Namagumba – Budadiri – Nalugugu ( 29Kms), Katuna-Muko-Kamuganguzi Road (104kms) abd Laropi-Moyo Afoji Road at the South Sudan boarder. (37kms)
- Cabinet approved Government’s request to borrow up to sixty eight million US dollars from the African Development Bank to finance upgrading of the Kabale Lake Bunyonyi / Kisoro Mgahinga Road.
- Cabinet approved the Uganda Human Organ Donation and Tissue Transplant Bill. The Bill seeks to establish a legal framework for human Organs, Cells and Tissue Transplant in Uganda and also regulate donations and trade in human organs, cells and tissue for safety and security of Ugandans.
For God and my Country
Minister ICT & National Guidance