BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 17TH DECEMBER, 2018 AT STATE HOUSE ENTEBBE.
Cabinet sat on Monday December 17, 2018 at State House Entebbe and;
- Approved the Traffic and Road Safety (Amendment) Bill, 2018. The following are the Objectives of the Bill:
- To strengthen the management of road transport and road safety in Uganda;
- To enhance and strengthen the Traffic and road safety regulatory and enforcement regimes;
- To improve the provision and management of road transport services;
- To harmonize the Traffic and Road Safety law with the International, Regional and National laws and Protocols;
- To improve the management and regulation of road transport services and road safety; and
- To provide for the continuous technology innovations including ICT innovation in the transport services sector in the country.
- Approved the provisions of the Minamata Convention on Mercury, and authorized the Minister of Foreign Affairs to sign, seal and deposit the instrument of Ratification in accordance with Section 3 of the Ratification of Treaties Act, Cap.204. The Convention is largely meant to control the supply and trade in mercury, including setting limitations on specific sources of mercury such as primary mining, and control use and production of mercury-added products and manufacturing processes.