CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 10TH DECEMBER, 2018 AT STATE HOUSE ENTEBBE.
National Development Strategy Implementation
Starting Financial Year 2015/16, Government performance assessment has been carried out against the roadmap to achieve middle income status by 2020. Accordingly, all socio-economic progress is being appraised against the NDP II targets.
A number of key NDP II outcome targets for FY 2018/19 have been achieved and/or even surpassed. For instance, maternal mortality rate per 100,000 live births was at 336 against target of 394; infant mortality per 1000 live births was at 43 against the target of 44; lowering the per capita investment cost (urban infrastructure) was at USD 54.0 against target of USD 55.0; cumulative water for production storage capacity (in million cubic meters) was at 38.865 against target of 38.0; proficiency in literacy in primary 3 performed 60.2% against the target of 60%; internet penetration was 48.7% against the target of 33%; and, proportion of districts with a complete chain of frontline Justice Law Order services was at 59% against the target of 53%.
Implementations of key NDPII flagship projects in the ongoing FY 2018/19 are on course:
- Approved the National Framework Paper for FY2019/2020 for submission to Parliament in line with Public Finance Management Act, 2015.
The Budget Strategy and Priorities for FY 2019/2020 include;
- Harnessing key growth sectors of Agriculture and Agro-industry, Tourism, Oil, Gas and Minerals;
- Enhancing Private Sector Growth and Development;
- Promoting Human Capital Development;
- Strengthening Public Sector Investments;
- Improving Governance and sustaining Security;and
- Developing a financing Framework anchored on both an effective Domestic Revenue Strategy and a responsive Debt Management Strategy;
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR-UGANDA MEDIA CENTRE