BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 29th JULY 2019, AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
Cabinet sat on Monday July 29, 2019 at State House, Entebbe, and;
the National Organic Agriculture Policy whose objectives are;
- To strengthen organic agriculture research, appropriate technology development and utilization;
- To promote production, processing and marketing for organic products;
- To enhance appropriate post-harvest handling practices and value addition to organic agricultural products;
- To strengthen environmental conservation, indigenous biodiversity and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Approved Uganda’s bid to host the 21st International Conference on AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) in Africa(ICASA) in December 2021. The objective of hosting the 21st ICASA is;
- To strengthen partnerships among Governments, Civil Society, and Development Partners and join efforts in committing to achieving an AIDS- free Africa.