BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2020 AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
Cabinet sat on Monday February 10, 2020 at State House, Entebbe, and;
1. Approved the proposal to borrow up to Euro 108,521,152.60(Euro One Hundred and Eighty Million Five Hundred and Twenty-One Thousand One Hundred and Fifty-Two and Sixty cents) from the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China to finance the Masindi- Biiso, Kabaale – Kiziranfumbi and Hohwa – Nyairongo – Kyarusesa – Butoole Road Upgrading Project. Upgrading and constructing the national oil roads will;
- Facilitate the efficient development and production of the strategic national oil resources;
- Enhance the tourism potential of Murchison Falls National park and the areas around, by provision of a sustainable upgraded paved road solution which addresses the challenges faced in transportation in the area;
- At the regional level, add to the network of road infrastructure required for importation of plant and equipment for production from the seaport/s, and movement of construction materials, workers and consumables from other parts of the Country.
2. Noted the status and the implementation strategy of the Lower Secondary school Curriculum.
3. Noted the status report on the construction of the Regional Hospital for Paediatric Surgery.
4. Noted that Uganda would host the 2nd Land Information System International Conference form 20th-21st February,2020 at Protea Hotel, Entebbe. The main purpose of the Conference is to share experiences, lessons learnt and best practices in Land Administration and Management including Implementation of the Land Information System.
5. Noted the update on the invasion of Locusts in the Karamoja Region and Government’s interventions being undertaken to combat the invasion.