BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 12TH AUGUST, 2019
Cabinet sat on Monday August 12th 2019 at State House, Entebbe, and;
- Noted that Uganda will participate in the fourth Edition of the East African Community (EAC) Arts and Culture Festival (JAMAFEST), 2019 in Der-es Salaam from 21st – 28th September, 2019 under the theme “Cultural Diversity; a key driver to Regional Integration, Economic Growth and Tourism Promotion” The objectives of JAMAFEST are;
- To provide a platform to showcase art and culture as primary drivers of Regional and sustainable development;
- To bring together East African Cultural Practitioners and Administrators to share and celebrate the rich and diverse cultural heritage as well as contemporary practice of East Africa;
- To ensure that residents have access to quality healthcare services which is equitable and affordable;
- To foster the economic development of EAC through nurturing the growth of a strong creative and cultural industry; and
- To promote art, culture and Tourism as a tool in the celebration and branding of East African Identity and image.
- Approved Uganda’s bid to host the MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) 2019. Hosting of the event is expected to;
- Showcase the best of Uganda to a Pan-African and Global audience;
- To provide a platform that empowers Ugandan and other African Artists, whilst celebrating creative diversity and excellence;
- To empower the Uganda youth through job and internship opportunities during the campaign, thereby maximizing skills transfer opportunities;
- To create public relations opportunities for Tourism stakeholders with global media outlet; and
- To profile Uganda across 48 Countries in Africa and 60 territories around the world that Viacom International Media Networks African channels broadcast to.