BRIEFING TO THE MEDIA ON CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
- Cabinet sat on Monday September 23rd 2019 at State House, Entebbe, and;Approved the National Alcohol Control Policy. The objectives of the Policy are;
- To raise community awareness about the magnitude and determinants of the health, social and economic problems associated with harmful use of alcohol;
- To demonstrate Government commitment to address the alcohol related harm using effective evidence based intervention;
- To enhance capacity and increase technical support for prevention of harmful use of alcohol and management of associated alcohol disorders;
- To strengthen coordination and partnerships among stakeholders for increased mobilization of resources required for appropriate and concerted action to prevent harmful uses of alcohol;
- To improve monitoring and surveillance systems at different levels, and more effective dissemination and application of information for Advocacy, Policy development and Evaluation purposes;
- To strengthen regulation on production, packaging, distribution, marketing, sale and consumption of alcohol beverages.
2. Noted the impact of Corporate Income Tax Waiver and Refinancing of the Bujagali Hydro Electricity Power Project on the end user tariff.
3. Approved the appointment of the Surveyors Registration Board as follows:
Mrs. Judy Rugasira – Chairperson
Dr. Moses Musinguzi – Vice Chairperson
Hon. Stephen Bamwanga – Member
Ms. Irene Laker Kitara – Member
Mr. Wilson Sendikwanawa – Member
Ms. Barbara Mugyeni – Member
Mr. Duncan Tayebwa – Member
Mr. Wilson Ogaro – Member
The functions of the Board will include:
- To regulate and control the Profession of Surveyors and the activities of Registered Surveyors within Uganda and;
- To regulate all persons engaged in surveying including; Land Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Building Surveyors, Mining Surveyors, Hydrological Surveyors and Valuation Surveyors, as well as Land Agents and other professionals responsible for the management of land and buildings.