The Government of Uganda under the initiative of the Ministry of ICT & National Guidance established a primary contact Centre for citizens to enhance the monitoring of service delivery and provide a channel for feedback and suggestions from citizens.We encourage open governance through awareness of public services.
- The Government Citizen Interaction Centre (GCIC) facilitates the interaction between Ugandan citizens and the general public with Government through the various available channels.
- Facilitates citizen led service delivery monitoring by providing avenues for feedback with the ordinary citizen.
- The Government Citizen Interaction Centre (GCIC) provides strategic communication leadership and support in government communications.
- Publishes the quarterly “GCIC Newsletter” that outlines major initiatives by Government to address citizen’s concerns.
- Provides Strategic communication services, guidance, support to government, and the public.
- The GCIC assists in the distribution of government statements, documents to citizens. An information enquiry service is provided, where government and government-related information can be obtained.
- The GCIC provides media monitoring, photographic, radio and video production services to government. The centre maintains a database of contact information and profiles of government role-players and arranging access to government officials
- The GCIC maintains a database of contact information (directories) and profiles of government role-players and provides an information enquiry service where government and government-related information can be obtained.