CABINET DECISIONS TAKEN DURING THE CABINET MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 17TH JUNE, 2019 AT STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
Cabinet Sat on Monday June 17th at State House Entebbe, and;
- Approved the National Transitional Policy. The objectives of the Policy are;
- To address the gaps in the formal Justice system for post conflict situations;
- To formalize the use of traditional justice mechanism in post conflict situations;
- To address gaps in the current amnesty process;
- To facilitate reparation processes and programmes ;
- To facilitate reconciliation and Nation Building.
- Noted the State of Flooding in Kampala and the interventions being undertaken by Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) to address the drainage challenges and floods in Kampala.
- Approved the use of Eprinomectin for sustainable Management of Ticks, Tick-borne Disease and Tick Resistance to Acaricides in the country. The main purpose of this approval is to provide an emergency solution to ticks, tick-borne disease and tick resistance to acaricides challenges in the 31 worst affected Districts.