Information Management Services
1) To formulate policies, laws and regulations for the Information Management Services (IMS) Sub-sector
2) Monitoring implementation of policies, laws and regulations for the Information Management Services sub-sectors
3) Promote Business Process Out-sourcing (BPO) and other IT enabled services (ITES) in the country for job creation especially for the youth.
1) Promoting BPO industry and IT enabled services
2) Providing technical support to the Government Citizen Interaction Centre (GCIC)
3) Supporting ICT innovators
4) Promoting electronics assembling and manufacturing
5) Developing laws and regulations around software applications
6) Providing support on e-government services
1) Enabling policies, Laws and Regulations developed.
2) E-government services provided.
3) BPO industry promoted.
4) Grants to Innovators and Innovations Hubs produced.
5) Provided support to Government Citizen Interaction Centre
6) ICT initiatives Support Program
1) Developing policies, laws and regulations
2) Providing sensitization and awareness on existing policies and laws
3) Providing technical support to LGs to ensure that e-government services are delivered to citizens.
4) Providing support to innovators and innovation hubs within the country
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS FOR FY 2016/17
1) Laws and policies were developed which included; Electronic Transactions Act, Electronic Signatures Act, Computer Misuse Act, ICT policy and open data policy which was also finalized and approved (from stage 3 to stage 7)
2) Awareness and sensitization seminars on the policies and laws were organized by the department.
3) Technical support and guidance was also provided to twelve (12) MDAs and twelve (12) LGs in the development and implementation of institutional ICT policies.
4) One (1) national conference on e-services for public officials and solutions developers from the private sector was organized.
5) An ICT sector was set up under the Private Sector Foundation.
6) Four (4) quarterly sub sector monitoring and evaluation exercises were carried out and reports produced.
7) Provided grants to innovators and innovation hubs
HOW IMS DEPARTMENT INTERACTS WITH OTHER STAKEHOLDERS IN THE SECTOR
1) Providing technical support in policy areas
2) Providing technical support in systems development
3) Providing support in providing e-government services
4) Supporting Local Governments in developing of ICTs
5) Sensitization and awareness in ICT existing systems